Look. check. Ask a Vet.
Livestock Health and Pest Authority District Vets are commited to helping keep properties free of emergency animal diseases.
A number of animal diseases, including all emergency animal diseases, are notifiable in NSW. This means you have a legal obligation to notify authorities if you know or suspect that an animal has one of these diseases.
- More information about disease prevention and response
- Notifiable diseases in NSW (Industry & Investment NSW fact sheet)
Livestock Health and Pest Authorities deliver the frontline public animal health service in NSW. Our District Veterinarians and Animal Health Rangers deliver a range of national, state and local programs all aimed at safeguarding market access and enhance livestock productivity.
Our focus is:
- emergency disease prevention, preparedness and response
- advisory and diagnostic services
- disease surveillance and reporting
- residue management
- traceability systems such as NLIS
Livestock Health and Pest Authorities also assist animal welfare agencies with livestock animal welfare issues and deal with livestock concerns during emergencies such as drought, bushfires and floods.